31 October 2010

pumpkin seeds

Spiced Pumpkin Seeds

1.5 Tablespoons Melted Butter
3/4 Teaspoons Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 Cups Raw Pumpkin Seeds (Cleaned)

Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients together. Place seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown stirring half way through. The seed should be crunchy. Enjoy.


I also tried adding a 1/8 of a teaspoon of both cayenne and chili powder, but it didn't give the heat that I hoped for. I might try more spices or hot sauce next year. We like things spicy around here.
(This recipe was introduced to me by a friend and can be found at allrecipes.com. It has been modified to work with the items that are currently in my kitchen.)

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment